BNSF is pleased to announce that, beginning Monday, April 3, 2023, guaranteed placement of 52-, 65- and 66-foot gondolas, bulkhead flatcars, and transverse covered coil cars will be offered for 52-, 26-, and 13-week permits through BNSF's Loading Origin Guarantees (LOGs) Program. Four-week permits will also be offered for 65- and 66-foot gondolas.
The auctions will be held Monday, April 3, 2023 (10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. CT), as well as Monday, April 10, 2023, unless all available equipment has been allocated.
When the new 52-week shipping period begins on April 24, 2023, the following rules will continue to apply to the Metals LOGs program:
- The weekly ordering flex will be +10% with a one-car minimum.
- LOGs equipment requests are due by 4:00 p.m. CT on Mondays prior to the shipping week.
- LOGs claims must be filed within 30 days of failure.
- LOGs participants will continue to be subject to the same pricing of rail shipments as non-LOGs participants.
- The minimum bid amount for the four-week permits and one-week end-of-month permits for 65/66-foot gondolas will remain at $0 per car and $100 per car respectively.
- LOGs rules language concerning how shortfall penalties are determined remains the same, clarifying that the number of eligible Bill(s) of Lading submitted showing the LOGs permit number during the LOGs period will be used to determine any shortfall penalty.
For further details about the BNSF LOGs Program, please consult Rules Book BNSF-7 (must be logged in to Customer Portal to view).
For information about the various LOGs applications and how to use the program, please review the LOGs quick reference guide.
For a schedule of future LOGs auction dates please refer to the LOGs bid calendar.
If you have any questions, please contact your BNSF sales representative or email LOGS.Marketing@bnsf.com.
Your business is important to us. Thank you for choosing BNSF as your transportation service provider.